Sunday, September 20, 2009
Muscular Strength
It depends on what you are looking for in a workout but there are two big questions to be answered. Would you rather lift heavy weight for less times or lift lighter weight for more. If you want to be cut and have it show then you are going to want to do more repetitions and less weight than heavy weight less times. A strong man competition would have all the men doing heavy weights for maybe only two or three times so the workout including more repetitions would do no good to these competitors. Personally I changed the two types in to one, meaning I will change it up from time to time. I want to look good, but also have the strength to lift heavier weights. I also like to be conditioned and be able to lift a weight for ten to fifteen times.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree that you should switch up the different types of repition. I also do both types of lifting every once in awhile. I am doing more exercises of high repitions because I want to be as cut as you. In a week of two i will switch my work out to lifting up to 8 repitions. I feel this is a good number to both satisfy getting stronger and more cut at the same time.
ReplyDelete