Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Running/Jogging

I have been jogging a lot lately to try an get into shape for my own health. Also I have been mountain biking a good bit and want to get in shape to make it easier to ride the trails. Each day so far is a different day while running. I am running the same loop each time so far and it is very close to 5 miles. My legs will be different each time meaning one day they are sore and it is tough to run while others are easier. I am looking forward to the day my legs are used to the running and I have no problem walking the next day.

4 comments:

  1. Running will hurt the legs every once in awhile. Your legs can only take so much before they start hurting but at the same time, they are getting stronger. Sooner or later you should be able to run more than five miles. Also, you might want to run a different route so it's not so repetitive. Running is definitely a good way to get in shape and stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running on certain terrains will cause more impact than others. This summer I ran on the road and it caused me to have a lot of shin splint problems in my legs. I changed my shoes to brooks last year, so I decided to get some new brooks, and there was an amazing difference in comfort. I was actually able to run longer on the road with some new shoes. To anyone looking for new shoes, make sure you know what type of arch you have, and get your foot measured to the right size, and make sure you have enough room in the shoe. After selling shoes for two years, I know how important getting the right size can be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think what you are doing is great. I am not a runner, but I have been running more lately in one of my classes and it feels really good when I am done. I have always played sports but I was never into track or cross country. I don't really like just running on a treadmill or running on a track. I think it is boring. But I do like running outside sometimes. I want to get into good shape and I need to start running more, but I also don't like running alone. I guess I am picky, but I am going to try to run more to get back in shape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also started to run more recently to get in shape. This summer I didn't do a lot of running. I worked a lot with muscular strenght from going to the gym and my job. I need to dedicate this semester to get back into running. Good luck with your running.

    ReplyDelete